THIS WEBSITE IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY SHANGRI-LA SPRINGS
Shangri-La Springs (“Shangri-La Springs”) understands the importance of protecting your personal and financial information when you visit our website located at www.shangrilasprings.com (“Website”).
The Website is capable of collecting certain information about persons who access the Website or attempt to use its functions. Types of information that are or may be collected by the Website and uses of that information are set forth below. Shangri-La Springs is the sole owner of the information collected on the Website. Shangri-La Springs collects information from our users at several different points on our Website.
Transmission of email sent to us through our Website using our customer service web forms is “secure” by conventional industry standards; email otherwise sent by the Internet may not be secure. Shangri-La Springs may retain the content of any customer service web form or email that Shangri-La Springs receives, the email address from which it is sent, and our response. Content and other information related to e-mails sent by user to Shangri-La Springs may be used as testimonials or for other marketing purposes, except that no marketing communications unrelated to the subject matter of the submission will be sent to the e-mail address from which such e-mail or form is sent unless the user specifically elects to receive additional marketing materials or we obtain the e-mail address through another avenue that permits such use. In all cases, e-mail addresses may be compared to subscription or customer lists of Shangri-La Springs and its business partners.
When a user performs a search on a search engine within the Website, Shangri-La Springs may collect information regarding the search query and topic to assess areas of interest to users of the Website in general. Such information is not tied to individual identities in any way except that the query (or a record of location of results for the query) may be maintained on the user’s computer by means of a cookie for the conveniences of the user. As necessary to provide service, Shangri-La Springs also may record information for every search request (disassociated from personally identifiable information) and use that information to solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
We may use IP addresses and web server log files to analyze trends, administer the Website, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Additionally, in areas of the Website requiring registration, we may use this information from time to time to police the Website for unregistered users (but Shangri-La Springs undertakes no obligation to do so). Information of this type may be combined with cookies or other sources of information for these purposes. Specifically, through the use of web server log files, any or all of the following information may be accessed, collected, analyzed, and stored during or after your visits to our Website: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, “aol.com” if you are connecting from an America Online account); the date and time you access our Website; the pages that you visit on our Website and the sequence in which you visit them; the amount of time that you spend on any given page of our Website; the Internet address of the Website that you visited immediately before visiting our Website; the Internet address of the Website from which you linked directly to our Website, if any; the Internet address of the Website that you visit immediately after leaving our Website; the type of operating system on your computer; the type of browser that you are using to view the Website. These and similar types of information may also be collected by “web-bugs,” or single-pixel gifs and other means.
Information Use and Sharing
Shangri-La Springs maintains safeguards to guard each client’s nonpublic personal information. Shangri-La Springs will use information collected on this Website for its own internal purposes, but Shangri-La Springs does not share any nonpublic personal information with any nonaffiliated third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide a service that the client has requested or authorized, or to maintain and service the client’s account (information may be provided to the firm’s outside accounting firm, custodians and broker-dealers under this exception);
- As required by regulatory authorities or law enforcement officials who have jurisdiction over Shangri-La Springs, or as otherwise required by any applicable law; and
- To the extent reasonably necessary to prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions.
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Disclosure of Information
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
What are cookies?
Cookies are created by the websites you visit much like your dry cleaner creates a claim check for you. You leave the dry cleaner with your claim check and when you return, you pick up what you dropped off.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Other Privacy Policies or Statements
LAST UPDATED OCTOBER 16, 2018